- Super Easy
55 Total TimeTotal Time
Making Impossible™ Sausage Links and Linguine is all about your life choices. Spicy or Italian? Do you put in the work to make this marinara all by yourself? Or do you stand on the shoulders of those who came before you and made marinara in a jar that you bought at the grocery store?
Check out the recipe ingredients to build your shopping list!
- 1 Package Impossible™ Sausage Made From Plants, Spicy or Italian (4 Links, 13.5 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup yellow onion, diced fine
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced fine
- 28 Ounce can San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh basil, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Pound Spaghetti or Linguine
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil, such as grapeseed or avocado
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh grated parmesan cheese, or plant-based parmesan
Make the Marinara
The marinara takes the longest, so let's do that first. Sweat onions and garlic with olive oil until soft. Add tomatoes and simmer for 12-25 mins, or until flavor is more developed--the marinara should taste a little sweet after the tomatoes cook down. Add 1 tablespoon each of the fresh herbs and continue to cook for 1 minute, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Alternatively, use your favorite jar of store bought marinara for this recipe!
Boil the Pasta
While the marinara is cooking, boil the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water, and then cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Cook the Impossible Sausage Links
Cook the Impossible Sausage Links. If cooking on a outdoor grill, preheat to medium-high and grill links for about 10 minutes, turning frequently, browning on all sides until Impossible Sausage Links reach an internal temp of 160°F. If using a skillet or indoor griddle, preheat to medium-high and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of cooking oil for best results.
Serve and Enjoy
Mix the hot marinara sauce with the pasta. Slice the Impossible Sausage Links about 1/2 - 1 inch thick. Divide pasta between 4 bowls or plates, and top with any remaining marinara, and divide the sliced Impossible Sausage Links equally between the plates. Top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!
You may also like
ImpossibleTM Spicy Sausage Made From Plants Pasta Recipe
- Not Too Tricky
Spaghetti and ImpossibleTM Meatballs Recipe
- Super Easy