- Not Too Tricky
50 Total TimeTotal Time
This Impossible Salisbury-Style “Steak” recipe is the meatier, grown-up version of your old-school frozen TV dinner. By using Impossible™ Beef, I was still able to achieve hearty, tender, and flavorful beef steaks and smothered them in a rich umami mushroom gravy that will have your entire family craving a second serving.
Find more recipes from Meiko on her Instagram page at @meikoandthedish(opens in a new tab)!
Check out the recipe ingredients to build your shopping list!
- 12 Ounce Package Impossible™ Beef
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, divided
- 2 Teaspoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Italian or Herb-Flavored Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Plant-Based Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 8 Ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Cups Low-Sodium Mushroom or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Leaves Bay Leaves
- Chopped Parsley for Garnish
Make The Patties
In a mixing bowl, combine Impossible Beef, 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon granulated onion, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs, and mix until evenly incorporated. Divide into 4 equal portions and with moist hands form into oval patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
Cook the "Steaks"
Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add the patties and cook 2 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer patties to a plate and set aside.
Make the Gravy
Increase heat to high and using the same skillet add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, sliced mushrooms, diced onions, and an 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Sauté 6 minutes until browned. Reduce heat to medium and add minced garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in mushroom broth until lump-free. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 2 bay leaves. Increase heat to high and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Impossible patties with the juices on the plate to the skillet and cook for 5 - 7 minutes, remembering to occasionally baste steaks with the gravy. Serve and garnish with chopped parsley.
You may also like
BBQ ImpossibleTM Meatloaf Recipe by Meiko Temple
- Not Too Tricky
ImpossibleTM Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs Recipe
- Super Easy