- Not Too Tricky
70 Total TimeTotal Time
Pro tip: Distract your family with this stuffing with Impossible™ Sausage Made From Plants and you’ll pretty much avoid all unwanted Thanksgiving convos.
It’s got a hearty taste and the aromas are so sweet, you’ll forgive your uncle for almost every weird thing he’s said. Most importantly, it’s maximum meaty.
Now let’s get cooking.
Check out the recipe ingredients to build your shopping list!
- 1 Package Impossible™ Sausage Made From Plants (Savory, 14 oz)
- 8 Cups Cubed Stale Bread (or baked at 350°F until toasted)
- 10 Tablespoons Butter or Plant Based Butter, divided
- 3 Eggs, Beaten or Flax Egg Replacement*
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced Finely
- 5 Celery Stalks, Diced Finely
- 2 Apples, Diced
- 1 Cup Golden Raisins
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Sage, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed oil, or other cooking oil such Avocado or Vegetable
- *Flax Egg Replacement: 3 Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed + 7-8 Tablespoons Water
Cook Impossible Sausage
Add oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Crumble Impossible Sausage into the pot. Sear until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add in 8 tablespoons of the butter, diced onion and diced celery to the sauté pan. Cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in diced apples and raisins and stir for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in vegetable stock and sage, then remove from heat.
Combine with bread
Place the stale or toasted bread in a large bowl. Pour the Impossible Sausage mixture over the bread and mix until well incorporated. Let cool. Once completely cooled, stir in beaten eggs or flax egg replacement. Mix well to incorporate and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Pour bread mixture into the pan and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Cover with foil. Bake with foil on for 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on top.
Serve, Share and Enjoy
Makes 8 side servings, or serve as a delicious, plant-based main dish to 6 guests. Enjoy!
You may also like
ImpossibleTM Sausage Made From Plants Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
- Super Easy
ImpossibleTM Thanksgiving Gravy Recipe
- Not Too Tricky