- Not Too Tricky
25 Total TimeTotal Time
Nab a mouthful of this delicious Impossible Sausage Made From Plants, Spicy Pasta recipe created with heavy cream, parmesan, veggies and spicy, mouthwatering sausage made from plants. Chef J. Michael Melton developed a plant-based riff on the classic Italian dish, pairing broccoli and Impossible Sausage Made From Plants, Spicy for a comforting and indulgent vegetable heavy pasta dinner. Use fresh or dried orchiette cooked al dente. “Al dente” describes pasta or rice that is cooked to be firm to the bite or in Italian "to the tooth" aka the ideal consistency for pasta. For an entirely animal-free dish, substitute oat milk for heavy cream and plant-based parmesan for its dairy counterpart.
This recipe calls for deglazing your pan. Sounds fancy right? And like it could be complicated. Don’t worry! If you’ve never done this before or have no idea what we’re talking about, we’ll break it down for you (and why you shouldn’t skip this!): deglazing means adding liquid to a hot pan, which allows all of the caramelized bits stuck to the bottom to release. That’s it. But the reason we do this is exactly to get those stuck on bits — so don’t throw them away! That “bottom stuff” has lots of complex flavor which takes your dish to the next level.
How to Deglaze a Pan
1. Remove any burnt, blackened bits from the bottom of the pan prior to deglazing, and pour out most of the oil left in the pan.
2. Pour wine into the hot pan.
3. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until it's reduced by about half. And you’re done! Less than 30 minutes for a jaw dropping, restaurant worthy meal. Take a photo of it and share it, because pics or it didn’t happen.
Check out the recipe ingredients to build your shopping list!
- 12 Ounce Fusilli, orecchiette or your favorite pasta
- Neutral oil
- 14 Ounce Impossible Sausage Made From Plants, Spicy
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Tablespoon Sun dried tomato in oil, finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Baby broccoli florets and stems cut into .5" pieces, florets removed from stems
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Heavy cream or oat milk
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese or plant-based parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and set aside.
Add oil to a pan over medium high heat. Crumble Impossible Sausage in pan and brown until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside in a separate bowl.
In the same pan over medium high heat, add garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and broccoli stems. Cook for about one min then remove from heat.
To make the sauce, deglaze the pan with white wine. Heat for one minute. Add in vegetable stock and heavy cream and cook for approximately two minutes or until heavy cream bubbles up and begins to reduce.
Stir in cooked pasta, vegetables, and cheese to the sauce. Add in browned Impossible Sausage Made From Plants, Spicy and cook for an additional minute.
Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.