- Showing Off
155 Total TimeTotal Time
A heartwarming classic with a modern approach, Julian Cincotta pays homage to his childhood lasagna recipe with Julian’s Mum’s Impossible™ Lasagna.
While most known for his hybrid Fried Chicken, Hip Hop, Champagne and Sneaker venue, Butter, Julian’s humble beginnings are marked by the time he spent with his mum in the kitchen. He was tasked with rolling out the silky pasta sheets and stirring the rich ragu that made his mother’s lasagna dish a hit with the family. Julian’s childhood memories now inspire the dishes he creates today.
Using our Impossible™ Beef, Julian’s recipe recreates the bold hearty flavours of his childhood in its layers of rich meaty bolognese, gooey cheese and crispy edges. A labour of love, lasagna is the ultimate comfort food for the family. This recipe reminds us to return to our roots, indulge in home-made comfort and that sharing a meal is the best way to bond!
Serve this dish with a sprinkling of pepper and a dash of olive oil, and don’t be ashamed to go in for seconds!
Check out the recipe ingredients to build your shopping list!
- 2 Packages 340g Impossible™ Beef Mince
- 4 Onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- 6 cups Passata
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 Teaspoons Mixed Dried Herbs
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 5 pasta sheets (to fit a 1-1.5L baking dish)
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated