- Super Easy
- 15 minPreparation
- 15 minCooking
- 30 Total TimeTotal Time
Here’s a great dinner dish that’s quick and easy to make. Impossible™ Sausage Patties Made From Plants are seared and chopped and tossed with corn fresh off the cob, juicy, ripe cherry tomatoes, and perfectly al dente pasta.
Check out the recipe ingredients to build your shopping list!
- 8 Impossible™ Sausage Patties Made From Plants
- 1/2 loaf finely diced French bread or coarse bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley, plus additional leaves for garnish
- 12 Ounces Pasta such as Gemelli, Cassarecia, Orecchiette, or Penne (fresh or great quality dried)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped or microplaned
- 2 ears corn, shucked, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Chili flakes, to taste
Make the bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 191°C. Toss the diced French bread in a bowl with 30 ml extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and add half the parsley while still hot; set aside.
Boil the pasta
Place a large pot of water seasoned with salt on the stove and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving a half cup of the pasta water.
Cook the Impossible Sausage
While the pasta is cooking, use the remaining olive oil to cook 4-6 Impossible Sausage Patties Made from Plants. Cook until brown on both sides, about 2 mins per side. Remove from heat, chop sausage patties into pieces, and put sausage pieces on a plate.
Cook the vegetables
Add the onions and garlic to the same saute pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the corn and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Finish by adding the sausage and the reserved pasta water to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and combine thoroughly with the sauce. Turn off the heat.
Serve and Enjoy
Finish with remaining parsley and chili flakes if desired. Place into a large bowl or individual bowls and garnish with the seasoned breadcrumbs and parsley leaves.